Monday, July 2, 2007

Back from the ordinations

I've returned, albeit reluntantly, from the Green Bay ordinations. What a beautiful gift for the Church in Green Bay! On Saturday, my two friends Ben and Joel Sember were ordained with one other young man in a magnificent ceremony at St. Francis Xavier Cathedral. Bishop Zubick, ordinary of that diocese spoke eloquently before a packed cathedral. I heard that 59 priests concelebrated, and it certainly looked as if there were at least that many there.

My girlfriend and I attended both the Sembers' first Masses, as well as their dinner for family and friends Saturday evening. Father Ben celebrated a Vigil Mass at Sacred Heart Parish (I believe) in Appleton, while Father Joel celebrated his Mass of Thanksgiving the next morning at Precious Blood Parish in New London. Both gave excellent homilies! I'll post some pictures if they become available online.

Now it's back to work!

No comments: