Thursday, August 9, 2007

Off to run a marathon

You'll have to forgive the lack of posts over the next four days. I'm headed up north tomorrow morning to run in the Paavo Nurmi Marathon. It's a nice, small town marathon that starts out in the country, meanders through little iron towns, and finishes in Hurley, Wis. Besides all the people who sit in their lawn chairs and cheer in the little towns, the best part has to be the mojakka (finnish stew) that they feed you when you finish. ... If you finish, that is!
Here's a map of the course:


Yes, I'm a marathoner, and proud of it, too. I ran a 3:06.58 in blustery nor'easter conditions at Boston in April, so I'm hoping to break the magical 3 hour barrier on Saturday morning. I don't do well in the heat, though, so say a prayer for me. And for my fiancee as well, who will be running a 2 person relay (13 miles each) with a friend (she's never run that far before!!!).

No comments: