Monday, October 8, 2007

Back from Rome

I probably should have posted an annoucement before I left, since I haven't posted in more than a week, but I got back from the Eternal City early this morning after more than 30 hours of travel. I was there with my fiancee to attend the diaconate ordinations of my former classmates at the Pontifical North American College.

It was a wonderful event, taking place Oct. 4, the Feast of St. Francis, in St. Peter's Basilica. The ordaining prelate, Archbishop John Foley, said, with the thousands in attendence, it seemed a beatification ceremony rather than an ordination -- and he challenged the 21 men from the United States and Australia to live up to that challenge.

I'll write more, and post some of my many photos, tomorrow.

Until then, check out the new blog of twin brother priests Father Joel and Father Ben Sember. I received an email from Father Joel earlier today, in which he announced this new collaborative effort, which should be a lot of fun to follow: Holy Priesthood.

No comments: